Thursday, January 2, 2014

7 am & Rain

Ah what to say about today...it was long, and tedious.  With Christmas being done and over with, and everyone broke as shit, it was the day to do markdowns at work.  Ashlee and I were at work at 7am to get a good head start on the day before customers could interrupt us.  That being said, I'm tired.

When I'm not injured from crashing my bike, I ride my bike to and from work everyday, so today was no different.  Rainy day that it was, I put on my gear and made it to work without too much fanfare.  The ride home was a little different.  My bike is equipped with front and rear fenders, so that I don't end up covered in street muck everyday, but when a huge truck passes by you in the rain, its inevitable...I arrived home with a nice spray of wet dirt over the legs and face.  THANK YOU BIG TRUCK!!

Rather than wait until I was warm and cozy, I decided to head out for my run right away, wet running tights and all.  I use two different apps to track my running...Nike+ so that my dad can pick on me, because he is a stronger runner than I am, and MapMyFitness because I've been using it forever and don't want to lose the progress that I've made while using it!  Tonight's run was 3.92 miles and it was a tough one.  I have my good days and my bad days, as we all do.  I detest stretching, which I know limits my performance and leads to my being stiff and sore everyday, but I tie up those runners and hit the pavement anyway.

I've been on 3 runs since I started using the Nike+ app, accumulating 10.5 miles...seems easy when I think I only have to do that four more times....then I remember I have to do it all in a matter of a few hours, not a few weeks.  I'll get there, I swear, mainly because I'm a stubborn a-hole, but also because I know I deserve to be fit and strong enough to do it.

And now, it's time for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment