Monday, January 6, 2014

Sunday, Fun Day, right??

American Hustle,  not a bad movie, especially when you learn that the real name for a microwave is science oven.  And that it cooks things with science.  That is how I spent the end of my afternoon....at the movie with my sister, Jen.  Always a good time, especially when there are really noisy people sitting behind Jen.

So my Nike+ app has recorded my runs, but not synced them to my account...which is aggravating.  Sounds like they are working on a fix for it which is good.  It's mostly annoying to not have it working, because I have no idea if I am ahead of my competitors or not...my competitors being my dad, who is 67, and my other sister, Lisa, who is 47.  

I believe I'm somewhere around 19 miles for the week.  I've run seven days straight now, and may actually take a day off tomorrow, but probably not, because when I get home from work I see my runners and they scream at me "TAKE US RUNNING!!!!!!"....I am ok with admitting that my running addiction may have cost me a bit of my sanity at this point.  Why else would I commit to running 42km in a stretch of a few hours??  

Maria finally registered for the Edge to Edge Marathon, which was a relief!  I was so scared she would bail on it, which would present a whole other round of obstacles involving transportation, and how the hell I could run all that way on my own.  

I saw Blue Rodeo last night with Jen...it was amazing, especially seeing Jim Cuddy and his son Devin perform together.  I didn't get home until right around midnight, but as usual, walked in the house and saw my runners, and knew I just had to go running.  I got a new pair of running tights yesterday.  Full length and thicker than the ones I've been wearing, so it was a good night to test them out.  I LOVE UNDER ARMOUR running gear!!  So I guess with my midnight run, and then my run mid-afternoon today, that means I had two runs today...not too shabby.

My shins are feeling it this week...which means I'll torture myself with some stair running this week...not as cruel as it sounds, since I get to do it right beside the ocean.  It's pretty awesome at night when I can go for a run along the beach, and see the stars, while still in the city.  

Well, not too  much else to share tonight...just laying here eating ice cream and brownies, like any good training runner would do, right???? 

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment