Friday, February 28, 2014

Apologies are due....

Ok, so I know I've been shitty with the whole blogging thing lately....I'M SORRY!!!

My running has been going well...not training as much as my schedule calls for, but I'm still on track as far as times and distances go.  I'm finding that my 8km/1 hour runs are quite comfortable now, which amazes me.  Tomorrow night shall be a run night.  Last night was spent at my sister's place, to watch the premiere of Survivor (season 5000)....I haven't missed a single season and I'm not about to start now!  I've even gone so far as to book myself in for only day shifts on Wednesdays.  I stayed overnight at Jen's, since I had to open this morning, and I was too lazy to even consider biking home at 10:30pm.

Tonight, I got to spend the evening enjoying some great music made by some really funny guys.  Ryan McMahon, Christopher Arruda and Cory Woodward, more commonly known as (not in the proper order) The Lion, The Bear, The Fox played at Andy's house tonight.  Fantastic show.  I had the immense pleasure of hosting Ryan for a small show at my place on Saturday.  It was a great evening, with my pal, Jason Verners performing some crazy magic before Ryan took center stage.  A small group of friends and family made the night super enjoyable and cozy.  Big thanks to Keith Encinas of South Island House Concerts, for helping out with seating and planning/advertising.  The weather halted some guests in their tracks (Sorry Scotty!) which meant less people, but overall a good night was had.  Ryan will be playing here again on October 24th, which I couldn't be any more excited about!!

I'm hoping that as my marathon date draws closer (101 days to go), that all you lovely people will send a few bucks into the SRABC to help make their services more prominent and accessible to folks like Kori, who I might add is doing wonderfully!

I had a nice visit with Kori the other night out at VGH.  Spent a few hours just chatting, sharing a few tears, talking about rehab strategies.  It is amazing to see the determination that he has to get back to his life.  He leaves the hospital for a visit home tomorrow, then is back Sunday, and officially leaves VGH on March 5th.  I'm sad to see him go, but his therapists here have run their course and it's time for a change.  I know Kori is excited to get home and keep pushing himself in his therapies and rehab.

Well, that's about all I can spout off about for now....I'll be back, sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment