Thursday, January 23, 2014

And GO TIME!!!!!

What a wonderful day it has been so far.  I really enjoy my days off from work, but only when they are split up...if they are together then I manage to accomplish nothing at all, but when I have two separate days off then I get everything done in half the time, trying to maximize my days!  Weird, I know.

I went biking today, first decent ride in awhile, and it was a short one.  Only 17.8km, but it was good to get back on my bike.  Then I finished off with a 2.7km run near my sister's house, since we are having pizza dinner and games night!!  It will likely be my last night with my niece, Ayla, until she returns from her worldly adventure.  She is headed to Asia and Australia for at least a year, with plans for two years.  She will be missed for sure.


I finally got in touch with Tim from the Stroke Recovery Association of BC today...my fault for the delay, I've been slacking.  He has issued the official go-ahead for fundraising, and posted on their Twitter and Facebook accounts about my efforts...I feel special and am feeling a renewed sense of go-get-em today!  


So, now you want to know how to donate...it's really really simple I promise.  If you want to donate online, go to this page http://strokerecoverybc.ca/donate-to-srabc/.  You'll see there is a note about directing your donation to a specific branch...in order for them to keep track of my fundraising, please include only the following in your special instructions ‘Kim Cameron Marathon Appeal’ as this is what they will be looking for when tabulating and receiving the funds!


There are instructions for donating by cheque and snail mail as well, using the same special instructions as above.  If you want to donate cash, and are in the Victoria area, feel free to stop by Warehouse One in Hillside Mall and I'll make sure the money gets where it needs to go!!

I'm also being featured in the next SRABC newsletter, which comes out on February 10th and can be found here: http://strokerecoverybc.ca/snippets-2013/.

And in running news...I downloaded my Nike+ app on December 25th, since then I have suffered through completed 13 runs, for a total of 42.09 miles!!  I'm feeling good and strong now that my lungs are cleared and I'm super excited to keep training.  

Official training starts Sunday, and I'm already so far ahead of where the plan starts me...it will be nice to really keep track of what I'm doing and how much faster I'll be going!

Well folks, I'm going to pig out on pizza now!  Catch you on the flip side!!

No comments:

Post a Comment