Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Another day....

I keep telling myself that I just need another day off....no training...but then I remember that I have a lot of miles (yes, I use miles) to log before I get to the end of my training, let alone my marathon.

I ended up with a bacterial respiratory infection, which had me laying low for awhile.  Made it difficult to breathe while running.  Got meds from the doctor and I'm feeling much better.  The good thing is that it takes an average of two to three weeks to actually lose any ground you've gained when it comes to running.  I've managed two runs in a week which isn't as bad as I thought.

Time to kick it into high-gear though...fundraising needs to start ASAP, so that we can make a difference to Mary and Kori, and the community of Nanaimo.  Kori is going through his rehab here in Victoria, and has a daily schedule of different therapies.  Jen went to visit last week and Kori did his own laundry and is now walking a 10ft hallway three times during his therapy.  Amazing to hear about all the milestones.  Mary has returned to Nanaimo during the weekdays, and is here on weekends.  I'm sure it's hard on her to be away from Kori, but she needs some semblance of a normal life too.

I'm preparing myself mentally for the run I'm about to endure, and I think it's going to be a good one.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.  I went for a run last night and my right tibialis anterior (http://thecyberdojo.brinkster.net/lowerleg_front.jpg) seized up about halfway through, which resulted in me running like a drunk elephant.  I'm sure half the city could hear my right foot crashing into the ground.  I've learned to stay light on my feet while running, as it is a real energy saver and allows me to run much farther, but when a muscle decides it doesn't want to function, that all comes to an end.

Not much else to report on the fitness front...just need to get my ass in gear!!

In case you haven't taken the time to listen to it...Here is the song that my title came from....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Dmilr2T10

I'm not a huge Hedley fan but this song really wakes me up and reminds me that I CAN do anything that I set my mind to.  I'm sure Kori hates them too, but I think if he at least read the lyrics, he would understand how a few words can change alot.

The shoes are calling......later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment