Sunday, February 2, 2014

127 Days....Not that I'm counting

It's been a crazy week.  Really, no more so than normal, but I struggled to "go with the flow" this week.  Worked an 11 hour day on Wednesday, then 9 hours on Thursday...Thankfully, I was able to go home after only 5 hours on Friday.  My benefits kicked in on Tuesday, so that's exciting.  Time to get my eyes checked!  Last time they were checked was 2009!!  I'm probably way more blind that I think.

Today was my glorious day off, and according to my training schedule, the day for my long run.  Until mid February, I am on timed runs, as opposed to distance runs, so the goal for today was 45 minutes.  I nailed it, setting up a new route in my running app (MapMyFitness) and tackling a hill that I've been dreading.  I've only managed to bike up it once, but running it was no problem!!  This new route will probably become a favorite because it includes hill training (up and down), different terrain (asphalt, concrete and dirt) and new views.

I finished off January with 51.95 miles under my feet, and I'm looking forward to kicking that number right outta the water in February, and every month after that.  I took it pretty easy in January, with injury and illness taking a toll, now it's time to buckle down and keep on track with my schedule.

In Kori news....here's a link to his Facebook fan page....my sister managed to get a video of Kori being a show off, and it makes me smile everytime I see it.   https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kori-Lynchs-Fan-Club/693646614001739

I'm hoping to get to see Mary next time she is in town, which should be next weekend.  She is here this weekend but I didn't get a chance to connect.

Some of you may know, I participated in the Rick Hansen 25th Anniversary Relay Run in 2012, and was so incredibly proud to be able to be a part of such a community driven event.  I sent the Rick Hansen Foundation a bit of info about my fundraising and they featured me in a Tweet...kinda made my day.  We can use all the fanfare and support we can get.

Well, work calls in the morning, so I should probably close these tired eyes, or else I'll end up going for a run.


No comments:

Post a Comment